Sep 15, 2021
In this episode, Mike and Vicki
Znavor have a great conversation about authenticity and purpose in
the workplace and in life. Vicki is the author of Authenticity
Reawakened: The Path To Owning Your Life’s Story and Fulfilling
Your Purpose and she is a certified leadership coach.
- What is authenticity?
- Why do we struggle with
- How often should we ask the question, “who am
- What are some good practices to get to
- How do we overcome the fear of being authentic
in the workplace?
- How can authenticity help us to reduce/manage
- How do we discover purpose?
- Authenticity is knowing who you truly are,
knowing what matters most to you and having the courage to show up
in the world in a way that reflects that.
- You need to fully understand your story in
order to live a life of purpose.
- We struggle with authenticity because it is
painful to look inward.
- Reawakening - we learn, we grow, we learn, we
- There can be rewards especially in corporate
America to show up in a non-authentic way.
- We get so busy with life that we forget to ask,
“Who Am I?”
- Ask basic questions, write down the
- Simple exercises to know who you
- Know what matters most to you
- Know what you value
- Think about 5-7 pivotal moments that made you
who you are
- It is important to have leaders that talk about
showing up as yourself.
- The heart of building better relationships with
clients is authenticity.
- It’s common to not handle conflict well in the
workplace. We aren’t really taught how to handle conflict and we
don’t see a lot of good role models.
- Intentional Conflict Model - 8
- State your Intention
- Describe what happened
- How are you impacted
- Describe your feelings
- Ask for explanation
- Describe what would make it right
- Negotiate how to move forward
- Express gratitude
- If you can name your fear, you are halfway to
- Most of us don’t analyze our lives very
thoughtfully at all until we are faced with a crisis.
- Problem - can you state the problem in a
sentence or two?
- Information - evidence of the
- Need - what do you need
- Purpose is really important
- Questions when considering your
- What do you want?
- When you are at your best, what does that look
- What do you believe?
Work With Catalyst Sale:
- Listen to our free resource (this podcast) and
then put the action items into practice. Share your work with us
via Twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invest in a Catalyst Sale course - self
directed. Find our courses here
- Hire us as a consultant/advisor within your team or
Please send listener questions
and feedback to email@example.com or contact us directly
on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
This podcast is brought to you
by Catalyst Sale - you can learn more about Catalyst Sale, and the
products and services we provide via the following
Growth Acceleration - Plateau
Product Market Fit