Jul 17, 2018
Sales for Non-Sales Professionals
A segment of the audience who listens to the Catalyst Sale
podcast are not practicing sales professionals. This week we
discuss some high-level topics related to sales for non-sales
professionals. For the sales pros out there, some of this may
be a little basic, but you may want to share it with other members
of your organization.
- Why is sales an interesting topic to those who are not in
- What comes to mind when thinking about sales for non-sales
- How does sales apply in a non-sales role?
- Everybody sells
- We are all trading something, sometimes it is time, sometimes
it is insight, sometimes it is information
- Sales for
Non-Sales Professionals is one of the workshops we facilitate at
- Sales is the activity that leads toward a business
- Success is often measured by the dollars generated, number of
people or number of companies you expose to your product.
- Sales is about connecting a problem to a
- A core component of sales is influence. How do you influence
others? Communication, Empathy, Listening, these are all
skills that are important.
- We can get better with influence by understanding general sales
- Influence requires listening, gathering information, and
delivering the solution in the context of what is important to the
- Vocabulary plays a big role in this discussion as well.
- Quota - the sales professionals target for a given timeframe
(year, quarter, month)
- Activity metrics - the number of calls, number of proposals,
number of demos. These can be leading indicators for an
- The sales team's ability to meet objectives can have a
significant impact on other aspects of the organization, including
- Take the time to ask people questions about their roles within
- Be cognizant of the time period and time of year. i.e. budget
planning and award periods, or mid-year/beginning of the year
- As a sales rep leverage the other members of your team to
improve and shift your perspective.
- Salespeople are people - they are human.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.