Aug 21, 2018
Sales for Non-Sales Professionals Part II - Workshop Feedback
and Lessons Learned
This week on the Catalyst Sale Podcast we share feedback
captured from the "Sales for Non-Sales Professionals" workshops we
have facilitated, discuss some general lessons learned, and provide
a brief overview of the Catalyst Sale Process.
- What did we learn?
- How did this change the course?
- What were some of the common questions asked?
- What was it about the process slide that led to the detailed
discussion around process?
- What is the Catalyst Sale Process?
- Why were the participants interested in the process?
- The expectation was that we would have people who were
interested in sales, but not necessarily interested in
selling. ~75% of the participants were people who were not in
a sales role, but are being asked to sell.
- We ended up spending over an hour on the sales process. I
did not expect this.
- We thought we would start with definitions, then move into
concepts. A significant amount of time was spent on
- The discussion around business acumen and knowing your business
was very active. Leverage resources like your 10K, About Us
pages, and Job Descriptions.
- "Asking Effective Questions" was also a very popular
topic. You can do this well by keeping the questions simple
and by conducting your research in advance.
Catalyst Sale Process
Validation – do I see the potential for a business relationship
between both organizations?
Qualification – This is where we build out the customer
Fit – Based on what we know about the customer, can we solve
Feasibility – Can the customer implement?
– The solution in the context of the customer, costs, timeline,
- Closed Won – Contract is executed.
Confirmation – Did we do what we said we were going to do?
Agenda for the
Asking Effective Questions
Alignment with the Business
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.