Jan 26, 2021
In this episode, Mike and Jody
discuss how to prepare for your initial conversation with a
prospect and why the preparation piece is
- How do you prepare for the
initial conversation with a prospect?
- Determine how you found out
about the person you will be talking to. Did they contact you or
did you identify them as a prospect?
- I want to gather as much
information as I can about the person based on the data we have
collected from our website, etc..
- Identify some of the things you
would like to know about them.
- Realize that some information
you will be able to get only by speaking directly with
- Validate that they have a
problem and validate that they care about solving the
- Your initial call should be
about discovering things about them and their company.
- Deliver some sort of value back
to the prospect.
- Have a clear understanding of
the design of the call.
- Have desired next steps defined
prior to your call.
- If you take the combination of
the research that you’re doing, the design work that you’re doing
and the documentation in the call plan, you will have better calls
with your customers and prospects.
- Don’t overcomplicate
Call Planning - A Tactical Discussion
This episode was brought to you by:
The Catalyst Sale
Work With Catalyst Sale:
- Listen to our free resource
(this podcast) and then put the action items into practice. Share
your work with us via Twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invest in a Catalyst Sale
course - self directed. Find our courses here
- Hire us as a consultant/advisor within your team or
Please send listener questions
and feedback to email@example.com or contact us directly
on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
This podcast is brought to you
by Catalyst Sale - you can learn more about Catalyst Sale, and the
products and services we provide via the following
Growth Acceleration - Plateau
Product Market Fit