Sep 25, 2018
The Obstacle is the Way - a Catalyst Sale Book Review
This week on the Catalyst Sale Podcast we are testing a new
format. We will review a book that applies to our work, our
approach, and sales in general. The Obstacle is the Way - the
Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph, by Ryan Holiday - is
the book we discuss on this week's episode of the podcast.
Please let us know what you think of this format, and if there
are any books you would like us to add to our review list.
This episode is brought to you by our sponsor - getAbstract.
- Why review a book?
- Why did we choose - The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan
- How much of what you hear is magnified by your own
- Many of us get stopped in our tracks when faced with obstacles,
what aspects of the book resonated with you?
- How do you use tools like getAbstract?
- Stoicism - Perception, Action, and the Will
- There are things that will happen that are outside of your
control. If you allow these things to impact your approach,
you become beholden to others.
- Colin Cowherd - "It's not how you act, it's how you react"
- "Every obstacle is unique - the responses elicited are the
same" - Ryan Holiday
- Behind the Serenity Prayer is a 2,000-year-old Stoic Phrase -
"ta eph'hemin, ta ouk eph'hemin"
- Mindfulness - challenge yourself to think through - how do I
respond in a given situation?
- Ask yourself the question - Am I reacting, or am I focused on
moving things forward?
- Theodore Rosevelt - "We must either wear out or rust
out,...my choice is to wear out"
- Change will happen - you choose whether to be a part of it or
impacted by it.
- Lee Cockerell - "5 years is going to go by anyway, why not be a
doctor at the end of those 5 years"
- Simmons - I've made the mistake of taking a
short-term approach in the past. Today I've shifted to a
more long-term perspective, I do not want to look back 2-years from
now and say "I did not make any progress, or I'm in the same
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.