Dec 25, 2018
The First Noel with Guest Jeff Noel
Jeff has spent 30 years building an amazing career at the Walt
Disney Company. The last 15 years a speaker with the Disney
I am really excited to have Jeff join us this week, in what I
hope is an annual Christmas appearance. This week we discuss
Jeff's blogs, which he has published daily since April 1st 2009,
goal setting, sales, learning, and execution. I hope you
enjoy the conversation as much as I did.
- Why The First Noel?
- How does Jeff achieve balance?
- Why did Jeff select to focus on mind, body, spirit,
- Do you want to be the best in the category, or do you want to
be the category?
- How can we be better salespeople, and not focused on the
- "Don't let your learning lead to knowledge, let your learning
lead to action" - what does this mean to Jeff?
- Is there any guidance Jeff would give folks on going through
the process of setting goals for the next year?
- Jeff has blogged every day, since April 1st, 2009
- Everyone struggles to gain the feeling that they are not
overwhelmed in one area or another.
- Jeff could not find a role model that had the balance he was
- We tend to use "time" to measure balance. Jeff suggests
- If you wanted to be prepared, if the unthinkable were to
happen, what would you do? (Jeff's question)
- You take your mind, body, spirit to work & home.
- Work is our contribution to society. Society (work) pays
people for our contribution.
- Your "Get to Do's" should be more than your "Have to
- Other questions to consider...
- How is your health?
- How is your attitude?
- How is your spirit?
- How are you at work?
- How are you at home?
- Brand is your reputation. It's the first thing people
think about when they hear your name or see your name.
- Brand yourself for yourself - your inner voice should be
encouraging. Not self-defeating.
- The self-talk, self-branding, has to be a critical part of your
- Walt Disney & Roy Disney were brothers, they worked together
for decades. Roy looked at profit as the goal, Walt looked at
profit as the reward. The customer can feel this.
- "The sale should be the reward, not the goal" - Jeff
- Creativity is the idea part,
Innovation is the implementation.
- All of Jeff's blogs are personal.
- Can you be a boundary pusher?
- It's only impossible (your impossible) until you do it for the
- Do something every day that scares you, eventually, you will do
something that inspires you.
- Some additional thoughts Jeff shared regarding setting goals,
documentation, and execution.
- Everything that happens to you is a gift - Train yourself in
finding the good.
- You think, you move, and you feel. You do have a job, you
have a place where you live.
- Draw five boxes on a piece of paper
- Create your list
- Identify those things that are missing
- Identify those things that you don't need to take with
- Start with the blueprint.
- Things will work out better than you hope, or worse. Be
grateful when it is better, forgive yourself when it is worse.
- Go through the practice. Reflect. Keep Moving Forward. Think
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.