May 15, 2018
The Art & The Science of Sales - Leveraging Data to
This week Steve Will, Revenue Champion & SaaS Sales Leader,
joins us to discuss sales, data, common challenges, dealing with
conflict, and what's next.
We discuss Steve's background and experience, both as an
individual contributor, and leading sales teams.
- How does Steve define success in sales?
- How do you distinguish between the Art & Science of
- How can you improve functional product knowledge?
- What are common mistakes companies make when thinking about
- What are some of the questions you should be asking when
looking at data?
- How can technology be leveraged to help improve Marketing &
- What does the sales professional of tomorrow look like?
- When Thinking of the Art - three things come to mind for Steve.
- Sales Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Industry Knowledge
- Talk to your peers - Peer & Customers are a great source of
information when it comes to industry knowledge
- Ask your prospects & customers where they go for
- Separate yourself from the norm in your space, put your
product through the use cases, work through the practical
- When Thinking about the Science of Sales - consider the data
that is available.
- The ability to uncover the story that the data is telling is
- Putting the information into practical use is the next
- There are a lot of Sales Enablement tools that will help
support sales cadences. A common mistake, is running using these
tools, but not understanding how the cadence should change based on
the personas you are working with.
- The Funnelwise playbook is a good example of where the Art
& the Science of Sales come together in a successful
partnership. Leveraging the data in context to take
- Crucial Conversations
- You need to have a good understanding of each others role &
- Give your team member the benefit of the doubt
- Treat people with respect
- Be patient
- Most of the time, conflict occurs when goals do not align.
- As sales leaders, we are comfortable with being measured by
- Jill Rowley - talks about the traits of the modern seller.
- Leverage Data
- Seek Collaboration
- Communicate Effectively
- Exhibit Business Acumen
- Share New Ideas
- Embrace Technology
- The root of sales evil is poor discovery
Call to Action
How do you distinguish between the Art & Science of
Sales? Let us know via twitter @catalystsale or email us
Please share your stories with us @catalystsale on twitter or
Ratings & reviews help others discover the podcast -
thank you for helping us get the message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Sale - Sales Fundamentals Training Program
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.
a Thinking Process.