Jul 15, 2019
Networking, Community, and Learning - with Guest Scott
This week on Scott Ingram rejoins us on the Catalyst Sale
Podcast to talk about community, networking, learning, and an event
he has coming up in October in Austin.
The Sales Success Summit will be held on October 14th and 15th
in Austin. It is a curated list of experts who are the top
performers in sales.
- Why is it important to surround yourself with good people?
- How can I start building my own personal network?
- Why is Sales a dirty word?
- What was the catalyst for the Sales Success Summit?
- What are some of the core things Scott looks for when inviting
speakers to the event?
- Leverage the experience of others
- If you have applied yourself, and become an expert, it's
gratifying to be able to give back and share that experience.
- Sharing provides a looping process to continue learning.
- You are not only taping that broader experience that they have,
you are also tapping experience and insight that they have about
- "The Let's Figure It Out" approach is better than the "My
- The challenging process can help inspire thought
- Questions provoke thought
- It comes down to ownership - If I come up with the answer, I
own the process, I own the solution, it was my idea.
- If you are a seller - you need to get into the communities of
- Bring in the right expertise and resources from within your
- Build Your Network
- Every week - have lunch or coffee with one new person outside
of the sales organization - build your internal network
- Go find the number 1 person on the team - learn from them.
- Look outside of your sales team and look to other sales pros.
Find complementary sellers.
- When you bring in others from within your organization to the
sales discussion, you can leverage their experience to ask better
- It's one thing to interview a top performer, it's another thing
to hear one top performer ask another top performer a
- The summit is not your traditional conference - it is held in a
full-service movie theater in Austin, it is an experience.
- Day 1 - Process
- Day 2 - Mindset & Managing Your Sales Career
- There are many opportunities to connect with speakers in an
- We are all in this together - we can learn from others by
leveraging their expertise.
- The more that you invest in your own development - the
- Do the Work - It's one thing to listen, another to learn,
another to put it into practice.
Call To Action
Let Scott and I know what tip discussed you are putting into
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Demystifying Sales -
Sales for Non-Sales Professionals
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.