Jun 18, 2019
Revenue Collective, Self Awareness, and Sales and Community -
with Guest Sam Jacobs
Sam Jacobs is the host of the Sales Hacker Podcast and founder
of the Revenue Collective.
Sam and I discuss a number of topics this week, including his
time as a DJ, the catalyst for the Sales Hacker Podcast, why he
started the Revenue Collective, and how we can do better when it
comes to building teams, creating focus, leading, and
Thank you Sam.
- Why did Sam not go the DJ route?
- What does the process look like as you identify fit for a
person in a given role?
- How did the Revenue Collective get from identified problem to
- Why is there this gap between those who want to be in the
community, and the unknown that community exists?
- How do we improve alignment within our organizations?
- Interesting fact - Sam was a DJ in college
- The importance and value of mimicking
- Good things take time to build
- Ask this question - Do they have the skill or do they have the
- Revenue Collective - A
Career Enablement Platform
- Too much pressure on revenue, puts too much pressure on sales,
puts too much pressure on...
- Start with the key questions
- Who is the right Customer?
- How much should we charge them?
- Are we charging the right amount?
- Are there enough of those people at that price to build a big
- How do we get a meeting with our prospect/ideal customer?
- Sales should be the end - invest first in customer success and
- Revenue Operations - navigating the process from unknown/known
problem to unknown/known solution, and looking at this through the
lens of the customer, the organization, the team, and the
customer-facing rep. This is Hard.
- Keep things simple. Strategy is, "here is where we are
trying to go", "here are the boundaries", go execute.
- Align goals - The KPIs should inform the
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.