Mar 13, 2018
Personal Relationships - Do they help in Sales?
Is this the first time Mike & Mike are going to have
conflicting viewpoints on the podcast?
This week on the podcast, Mike & Mike tackle the question of
personal relationships in sales. You may be surprised to see
who takes which perspective.
We hope you enjoy the discussion, and look forward to your
feedback on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- What is the place of personal relationships in sales?
- What’s the difference between surface level engagements, and
- Have you ever purchased a product even when you do not like the
- The impact a personal relationship has on an opportunity is
different based on the complexity and scope of the problem you are
- SDR - their job is to get people in the door, the AE - then
tasked the discussion deeper into the sales process.
- The perspective we are seeing - many folks are too focused on
“making friends” as a quick way to sell.
- We are not looking for friends, we are looking to solve
- If you are not able to build rapport, build a relationship
based on a foundation of trust, you are going to have blind
- Be an extension of the customer’s team - where
- In a scenario where the problem is similar, and your product
provides the solution, the trust can help accelerate the path to
- In a more transactional relationship, this may not work.
- Even if those within your network may no longer be the
buyer, you can still leverage the relationship. Ask for
- A relationship does not entitle you to do business with
someone. Sadly, many folks think that it does.
- Get back to the fundamentals - what works in sales, how you can
hone your skills.
- Sometimes companies may want to buy the product - they may not
want to buy from you.
Call to Action
- How do you leverage relationships in sales or your current
We are actively increasing our engagement on Twitter, LinkedIn,
and Facebook, and look forward to hearing from you. Please
share your questions, comments, and recommendations with us via
twitter at @catalystsale or @simmons_m
Help us and others by rating and reviewing the podcast. At
the end of this episode - we ask the audience a question, and look
forward to your response. We would love to hear from your at
@catalystsale on twitter - what are some of the topics you would
like to hear us address on a future podcast?
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.
a Thinking Process.