Nov 13, 2018
Reflecting on the Year and Getting Ready for Next Year
Looking back on the year and preparing for the upcoming year is
a practice that many of us consider this time of year. Some
wait until the beginning of the year, some start around
October/November. Reflection is critical, it provides an
opportunity to evaluate and enjoy success, consider opportunities
for improvement, and determine focus for the following year.
This week on the podcast we talk about the importance of
reflection, establishing goals, measuring, and iteration.
- Why is it important to reflect?
- How do you set goals & reflect?
- How have you performed against goals in the past year?
- When you set yourself up for the year, identify goals, how do
you plan for opportunities that you are not aware of?
- If we are going to fall short of our goals for the year, how do
we adjust late in the year?
- How important is it to focus on things outside of sales? (i.e.
- What else should we be looking at as we wrap up the year?
- This is a great time to ask yourself the question - "Of the
goals, I set at the beginning of the year - how many of them
have I accomplished?"
- Establishing and evaluating goals/performance in the context of
Mind, Body, Finances, Family. Here are some questions I ask.
- Did I do what I said I was going to do?
- What did I add to my list over the course of the year?
- Where did I fail & where did I succeed most? What
patterns can I identify, and how might they apply to the next
- Evaluating the year from a personal perspective.
- There were some good things, and some not so good things, but I
continue to move forward.
- The importance of building the pipeline is a lesson that
- One question I like to ask is "What's the worst thing that can
happen?" you can also look at the alternative of this - "What's the
best thing that can happen?
- Don't let the jackpot events influence your strategic
- At some point, you may need to shift the mindset to focus on
- Mind & Body come into play - if you are not healthy, it is
hard to do the work.
- Your priorities will change with the seasons of your life. This
- Balance is important.
- Bill Marriott story conveyed by Lee Cockerell - "You know why I
do not have any problems at work? It's because I don't have any
problems at home."
- What can we do as we prepare for the next year?
- Think about your buckets.
- Identify the KPIs that help you determine if you are making
progress in these areas.
- Continue to evaluate performance & the buckets
throughout the year. (Time, Balance, Things you can do to make an
impact on success)
- Be ok with letting go. Sometimes it makes sense to
- Simplify by taking things away, not by adding.
- Take Time & Reflect.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.