Feb 9, 2021
In this episode, Mike is joined
by Ray Edwards. Ray is a communications strategist and author
of How To Write Copy That Sells.
Ray is also the host of the Ray
- How do we create the same type
of sales experience when we are not in the room?
- What can we learn from movies
about writing copy?
- Does it make sense to be
deliberate about the copy you write for videos?
- What can folks do to get better
at writing copy?
- It is better to think it
through than shoot from the hip.
- If you know your customers well
enough, you can write to that avatar. You can write copy to speak
to the issues you believe affects all of your clients.
- Think of your 5 best customers,
are they exactly alike? Likely not.
- Answer enough in the Sales page
to cover the questions and objections they may have.
- Through technology, we can
deliver a different sales page to everyone that visits the
- Intent has everything to do
with whether what you’re doing is manipulative and exploitative or
whether it’s service.
- Trailers are super short
version of long form art.
- The best movies always have an
intriguing open and expectations are set that there is a problem to
be solved and throughout the movie, we are going to solve
- Movies leave a lot of open
- Well made movies close the loop
at the end.
- When doing video, have bullet
points, key phrases. Do practice runs.
- If you are going to write
anything down for a video, write the beginning and the
- Goal - be finished speaking
before they are finished listening.
- Find a good process for writing
- Record yourself giving the
presentation and have it transcribed.
This episode was brought to you
by The Catalyst Sale G.A.M.E. Plan. The G.A.M.E. Plan for
goal-setting and execution is a proven system for clarifying goals
and breaking them up in a way you can finally accomplish them.
here to learn more.
Work With Catalyst Sale:
- Listen to our free resource
(this podcast) and then put the action items into practice. Share
your work with us via Twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invest in a Catalyst Sale
course - self directed. Find our courses here
- Hire us as a consultant/advisor within your team or
Please send listener questions
and feedback to email@example.com or contact us directly
on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
This podcast is brought to you
by Catalyst Sale - you can learn more about Catalyst Sale, and the
products and services we provide via the following
Growth Acceleration - Plateau
Product Market Fit