Mar 5, 2019
Sales Process - Do You Need One?
Continuing our series on common listener questions, this week we
discuss Sales Process, why it is important to have one, common
mistakes made when defining sales process, and why the Sales
Process is different from the Customer Decision Making Process.
Thank you for sharing the Catalyst Sale Podcast with a
colleague. Please let us know how you apply the concepts
discussed in this episode, via twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
What are some misconceptions when discussing Sales Process?
- How does Buyer Journey differ from Sales Process?
Do most organizations have a defined process?
What are some common mistakes in documenting a Sales Process?
- The Catalyst Sale Process (Links to previous
Validation – do I see the potential for a business relationship
between both organizations?
Qualification – This is where we build out the customer
Fit – Based on what we know about the customer, can we solve
Feasibility – Can the customer implement?
– The solution in the context of the customer, costs, timeline,
- Closed Won – Contract is executed.
Confirmation – Did we do what we said we were going to do?
- Distinguish between buyer journey (decision-making process) and
- Be aware of your biases and the lens you use to evaluate the
- You can improve predictably with an established and
- A defined process will help with organization
- Common Mistake - we applying our process to the customer.
Don't do this.
- The Sales Process, from a Catalyst Sale perspective, is a
tool to help with communication and create predictability in
forecast. It is an internal tool
- B2B (Buying on behalf of others) vs B2C (Buying for our self) -
The decision-making journey may be the same, the influence is
- Be the guide, remember that the customer is the
- Liz - Selling Without Selling Your Soul
- The customer decision-making process is usually a
- Demo is not a stage in the sales process
- Design backward
- Identify patterns
- Don't skip steps
- If you are delivering multiple proposals, you are likely
- Don't remove or skip steps - you will increase risk.
- Don't over complicate the sales process, customer
decision-making process, or expected/anticipated sales rep
Call To Action
- How do you distinguish between Sales Process &
Customer Decision Making Process?
- Send Listener Questions to us at https://catalystsale.com
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.