Sep 11, 2018
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance
Lack of planning can put you in a bad place - how do you avoid
this? It is important to have the tools in your toolbox, but you
actually have to use them, and they need to be ready when you need
This week on the Catalyst Sale Podcast we discuss checklists,
thinking through scenarios, and planning. Thanks for listening, and
for sharing with a colleague.
- What's the worst that can happen?
- How is anticipation a part of preparation?
- How can a SMILE save your day?
- Always look left before going through intersections
- It is not enough to be prepared, you have to execute.
- It is one thing to have the tools, have the checklist. It is
another thing to make sure you are ready to use them when it
- The fundamentals are critical
- Asking effective questions is a good step. One you should
consider is "What's the worst that can happen?"
- Always have an out, always have a backup plan.
- Leverage concepts like the "Crush Workshop" to anticipate
competitive threats and better understand your competition.
- You can use anticipation to prepare for the questions that you
may be asked. (i.e. what's the most challenging question
they/audience can ask?)
- You will never be prepared for every situation, but by putting
these concepts into practice, you can minimize your risk.
- Routines are very important. The patterns we repeat set
expectations for our customers. Jody shares a story where
this had a direct impact on a park ranger.
- Continue the conversation via firstname.lastname@example.org or via the
live chat at https://catalystsale.com
- "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" -
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.