Oct 5, 2021
In this episode, Mike talks to
Liz Heiman, CEO and Chief Sales Strategist for Regarding
Sales.They talk struggles,
process, funnel and ways to identify your ideal
- It’s fun to help people realize
Sales isn’t a big, bad, scary thing.
- Many Founders struggle because
they don’t realize they can ask certain questions of
- Work on becoming more
comfortable talking about what you do.
- Ideal Customer Profile
- Customer that is most likely to
buy from you
- Customer who is most likely to
be happy with the outcome
- Customer who will continue to
buy from you
- Customer with a short sales
- Customer where the timing is
- Customer who you really
designed your product for
- Saying no to a prospect feels
like we are giving up on what we could have. However, we have to
say no so that we use the resources we have as efficiently as
- If you focus on the wrong
customers, your company will always go in the wrong
- Pipeline - opportunities that
are coming in and moving through the process to close. Can also be
referred to as a funnel.
- Qualify Out - purposely look
for opportunities to move people out of the funnel.
- Teamwork is the best thing that
should happen in a team meeting.
- Focus on the things that matter
in team meetings:
- Where do we stand?
- What’s new? Updates. What are
our partners doing?
- Team exercise
- There is always a frantic focus
on what’s closing right now, which is the worst focus!
- Pipeline reviews should be 1:1,
not in a group setting!
- Pipeline/funnel review:
- What’s going on?
- What do you need from
- When is the deal going to
- What have you done to put stuff
in the top of your funnel? How is your prospecting
- What is going on with your
- During a pipeline/funnel
review, it is important to have a discussion and not beat your
Sales Rep up. It is important to have some sort of value
- We leave so much money on the
table by not growing our existing accounts.
Work With Catalyst Sale:
- Listen to our free resource
(this podcast) and then put the action items into practice. Share
your work with us via Twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invest in a Catalyst Sale
course - self directed. Find our courses here
- Hire us as a consultant/advisor within your team or
Please send listener questions
and feedback to email@example.com or contact us directly
on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
This podcast is brought to you
by Catalyst Sale - you can learn more about Catalyst Sale, and the
products and services we provide via the following
Growth Acceleration - Plateau
Product Market Fit