Jul 23, 2019
Break Your Routine, Testing, and Specialization with Gaetano
This week Gaetano DiNardi joins me on the podcast. This
episode has a couple of guys with NY roots, so don't listen to it
with the kids in the car.
We cover a lot of ground in this podcast, including testing,
what works, pushing boundaries, and getting out of your comfort
zone. I hope you enjoy the conversation as much as I did.
- Why is it important to break your routine?
- What are some mistakes early-stage companies make?
- What's wrong with generalization?
- What is the risk of CEO intuition?
- What can we learn from the HBR Milkshake Story?
- How does Storytelling play into Sales & Marketing?
- What are some common mistakes sales orgs make when they pitch
- How does the creative process apply to business?
- Break your routine - Business, personal, step out of your
- Getting comfortable asking for help
- Bande a paisa
- Early-stage mistakes -
- Product messaging fit
- Product channel fit
- Specialize - No generalists
- Scope creep is real.
- Risk of CEO intuition - Bias is real
- Connect the gaps between real-world and CEO visionary
- "Jobs to be Done" Framework
- Milkshake example - keep their car clean
- Drill deep into the problem
- There is always a deeper reason why
- Get to the root of the problem
- Know what your customer cares about
- Start at the end
- Future state
- The story does not need to be long & drawn out
- Allow visualization
- Four Parts - Beginning, Gap, Future State, & End
- Symptoms are not actual problems - Know the
- Marketing automation does not work for sales
- Good methods…
- Show me you know me
- Skip the BS
- Get back to blocking and tackling, do the work.
- The creative process in business.
- Start with a formula
- Question based
- Know the bars, verse, and tempo
Call To Action
How will you challenge the status quo and break your
routine? Let Us Know.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Demystifying Sales -
Sales for Non-Sales Professionals
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.