Aug 14, 2018
Communicate with Empathy - Putting yourself in the shoes of
This week on the Catalyst Sale podcast we chat about
communication, specifically communicating with
empathy. It takes us a little time to get to the
practical application, but we end the discussion on a strong note
with some guidance on how you can communicate with empathy. We also
add a point of clarification on the front end of the
podcast. If you are looking for us online, you can find
us at https://catalystsale.com
- What does empathy mean?
- What is the difference between empathy and sympathy?
- What does it mean to communicate with empathy?
- What do you think of when you reflect on Lee Cockerell’s quote
– “Candor is Truth with Empathy”
- How does Empathy impact Sales?
- Empathy - Putting yourself in someone else’s shoes.
- Empathy - Evaluating a situation through their eyes.
- Being empathetic is doing what you can to put yourself in the
shoes of others.
- Focus on how others may receive the message based on their
experiences, where they are at a given point in time.
- You don’t know what is going on in the mind of someone when you
are communicating with them at a given point in time. Ask questions
to clarify where they are, what their mindset is.
- Jody’s Granny – “When you communicate, you are responsible for
what someone hears”
- The same comment, in different places, at different times, can
be received differently.
- Lee Cockerell quote – “Candor is Truth with Empathy”
- If you want to communicate, and ensure that your message is
heard in the way you intended it, you should be truthful,
transparent, and communicate with an understanding that considers
the perspective the person on the other end.
- Put the person you are communicating with first.
- In the context of sales, whatever challenge you are helping the
customer overcome, you need to realize it is their challenge.
- What can we do today to help us communicate with empathy?
- Ask this question - Do I really understand what my customer is
going through right now?
- Leverage tools like Crystal Knows
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.