Nov 6, 2018
The One Thing - a Catalyst Sale Book Review
This week on the Catalyst Sale Podcast we review a book that
applies to our work, our approach, and sales in general. The One
Thing, by Gary Keller - is the book we discuss on this week's
episode of the podcast.
Please let us know what you think of this format, and if there
are any books you would like us to add to our review list.
This episode is brought to you by our sponsor - getAbstract.
- How do we apply the concepts discussed in The One Thing?
- How do we use tools like getAbstract?
- Superior success comes from the extraordinary focus on your
Multitasking is a weakness, it is not a good thing
- Your brain will not allow you to do multiple things at
- There are switching costs in moving from one thing to
- Multitasking gives you the chance to screw
up multiple things
- This applies to big things and little things
- Ask the focusing question
- What is the one thing I can do such that, by doing
it, everything else will be easier or unnecessary?"
- Find your focal point
- The formula for reaching your goals is "Purpose,
Priority, and Productivity"
- How does your passion align with your focus?
- Jody shares a Dan Cockerell - Housekeeper story
- The best housekeepers at Disney found JOY from
- Passion matters
- Ask yourself this question - What can I do today
to make a difference?
- Success is about doing the right thing, not doing
- Work on the right things
- Activity is often unrelated to productivity
- In the past, multitasking and being busy may have
been worn as a badge of honor
- We all have the same time in a day - what are you
doing with your time?
- Ask yourself - How can I stay more focused?
- Jody - If you are too busy…you may be doing
- Adoption of concepts vs Adaption of
concepts. Jody takes an adaptation approach.
- Both Jody & Mike use notecards to maintain
focus on a daily basis.
- Mike - I write down the three things I need to
- You know what to Do - focus on those things.
- Knowing your One Thing can help you say NO to the
things that do not align.
- "Take care of your health with good food,
exercise, stress relief, family time and sleep.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.