Apr 23, 2021
In this episode, Mike talks with
Jen Spencer about the role of sales and marketing in demand
generation and her new role as CRO at SmartBug
- You have to make hard decisions
when it comes to demand generation, having data
- Organizations struggle when
they don’t have that data - it becomes an emotional decision when
data is absent.
- Use data to tell a
- Failure comes when you’re not
aligned across the board.
- We are still in the early days
of the CRO role in organizations, it will change things. But, we
are in the early adoption stage of that philosophy.
- Cross-functional collaboration
among teams is starting to emerge.
- Most people are sitting on a
ton of data and they don’t know how to access it or organize it in
a way that is useful.
- Initially it seems hard to
justify carving out time to set up data gathering/documenting
correctly, but it is worth it to spend the time upfront. Lay the
foundation as early as you can.
- Job shadowing work - members of
the team participating in some of the conversations they might not
otherwise, offers great insight and the ability to ask different
types of questions of the client.
- We don’t sell alone. Leverage
members of your team to set better alignment.
- Everything needs to roll back
up to company goals and initiatives. Then it is about pulling the
Work With Catalyst Sale:
- Listen to our free resource
(this podcast) and then put the action items into practice. Share
your work with us via Twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download some of our free
- Invest in a Catalyst Sale
course - self directed. Find our courses here
Please send listener questions
and feedback to email@example.com or contact us directly
on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
This podcast is brought to you
by Catalyst Sale - you can learn more about Catalyst Sale, and the
products and services we provide via the following
Growth Acceleration - Plateau
Product Market Fit