Oct 2, 2018
Guest - Donald Kelly, Host of The Sales Evangelist Podcast
Donald Kelly joins us on the podcast, I think he is the first
Miami Dolphins fan we have had on the show. We recorded this
episode in August, and date it a bit with talk of 3 quarterbacks
& 4-2 Jets records, given that the Jets are currently 1-3.
Donald started off as a B2C Sales rep, and made the transition
into B2B before starting the TSE Podcast, the Sales Podcast
Network, and his coaching & training practice. I hope you
enjoy the discussion as much as I did. Thanks for your
patience with the Jets vs Dolphins banter.
- Who is Donald Kelly?
- What are some things that happened last year that have led to
this year's success?
- What was the struggle between "I need to bring in others",
instead of "doing it myself"?
- What patterns has Donald Kelly identified while recording
- What is Donald's approach to helping people solve
- Everybody can sell, what does this mean?
- Dolphins/Jets talk
- When Donald first made the transition from B2C to B2B, it was
like being smacked in the face
- This experience reinforced the importance of training.
Donald was fortunate to work with an organization who valued
- Donald started sharing his experience on his podcast in
- TSE the startup launched in 2015
- 2018 has been Donald's best year yet - why?
- Thinking Big - not limiting himself or his team by thinking
- Overcoming Imposter Syndrome was important.
- Use what you know, and leverage this to build a community.
- Donald added a BDR in 2018 and a virtual assistant
- I can do it, does not mean I should
- When thinking about the transition from B2C to B2B, realize
that the sales principles are the same. However, the value
you bring changes
- Get past your beliefs, outside of your echo chamber.
- There is an advantage to having other eyes on a task
- Anyone can sell. If they have the desire
- Process is critical
- Coaching and guiding people
- Planning and structure - prioritize and execute
- If your body is the business, sales is the
- For every problem, there is a solution
- Identify the problem, then go 5 WHY's deep
- The first problem is likely not the real issue
- Don't just prescribe a solution
- Identify what we have done in the past to fix it
- Put a plan in place
- Know that your client wants to win
- Everyone can Sell
- There is a process, follow the process
- Identify your process
- Know your buyers
- Donald knows his team better than I do.
- Dolphins are 3-1
- Jets are 1-3
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.