Jan 30, 2018
Guest - Anthony Iannarino - International Speaker,
Author, Podcast Host & Consultant
This week on the podcast Anthony joins us to discuss key
concepts discussed in both of the books he has authored, we also
touch briefly on his forthcoming book.
We discuss a number of different items, including discipline,
doing work, why "price is a shield" - not a sword, and many other
topics. We hope you enjoy the discussion as much as we
- Who is Anthony Iannarino?
- What is Anthony's writing process?
- How do you distinguish between signal & noise?
- How can you build business acumen?
- How often have you asked others for help, and had the person
you asked say no?
- What is wrong with presenting the solution but not getting the
- How do you distinguish between Objections & Concerns?
- What does Anthony mean by using price as an advantage?
- Why do we tend to overcomplicate things?
- Book #3 - planned for October 2018
- Self-Discipline is a differentiator in sales. Anyone who
is successful in any endeavor, they have a set of practice, a set
- The market is crowded. Anthony does not spend a lot of
time-consuming & instead focuses on things that have stood
the test of time. (i.e. caring, resourcefulness, discipline -
these have not changed much over time)
- Timeliness principles that have served people for
thousands of years.
- The most dangerous thing is to maintain the status quo.
- Trusted Advisor - you need to be able to build trust, but you
also have to be able to provide advice. The role means - I'm
not going to let you get hurt.
- Build business acumen by working with others, shadowing
those who are further down the path that you are on. Read. Build
your vocabulary by listening to business people discuss business
- You need to know how to produce business results for your
- We are pack animals, we are a part of communities, don't go it
- Time tends to accelerate &
- The Objection is what you hear, the Concern is the underlying
thing between the lines.
- When price is lower, it means we are taking money out of
- The best salesperson is the person who can get the client to
invest the right amount of money to produce the outcome they
- There are three business strategies.
- Lowest Price Strategy
- Best Product Strategy
- Customer Intimacy Strategy
- Sometimes your salespeople are outstanding negotiators,
however, they are channeling that skill internally.
- Be somebody worth doing business with.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get the message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.
a Thinking Process.