Jun 10, 2019
SalesTruth with Author Mike Weinberg
Mike Weinberg is a consultant, speaker, and has recently
authored his 3rd book #SalesTruth. Both of his first
two books have been Amazon bestsellers, and Mike has spoken and
consulted on 5 continents in the past year.
This discussion hits a number of the items covered in
#SalesTruth. Additionally, we discuss hockey, the NY public
school system, sales, sales management, critical thinking, and
doing the work.
I hope you enjoy the discussion as much as I did.
- Why #SalesTruth?
- Why do we struggle with doing the work?
- What can we learn from mimicking those who are successful?
- Why do we rush to present and demo?
- What can we learn from Tom and Ron?
We discuss these questions and many others.
- The majority of the sales population today is under mentored
and under coached.
- Watch the top producers in your company or industry.
Watch what they are doing to secure early-stage meetings with
potential customers and mimic their approach. Learn from
- The best practices they are deploying look a whole lot like the
best practices of a decade ago or even more.
- Don't try to solve nine problems at once. Solve one problem at
- Stick to the fundamentals.
- Don't rush to the Demo.
- There is no "easy button".
- Be careful who you listen to, and who you are following on
LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Ask the hard questions - is there practical application of the
concepts that work?
- Think critically and reflect.
Call(s) to Action
- How do you distinguish between the signal and the noise in
- What practices have you put into place that work?
Share your answers with us via twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.