Apr 1, 2019
Thinking Differently to Do the Impossible with Jeff Noel
Jeff joined us on a previous podcast episode (First Noel) at the
end of 2018. It's April 1st, and Jeff is back to help us
think differently and do the impossible.
Embrace the freedom of April Fools day to challenge your
thoughts, push your limits, ask questions, and do the
I hope you enjoy the conversation as much as I did.
- What does it mean to Think Differently to Do the
- Why do we struggle with doing the impossible?
- How often is Jeff trying to do impossible things?
- Does Jeff design space during the day to address the
- Where does Jeff go for Inspiration?
- How can you overcome external obstacles?
- Where does journey play a role in thinking differently and
doing the impossible?
- What questions can we ask to help us think differently to do
- Thinking differently is about Envisioning a future that is much
better than now.
- Move in the direction of that impossible dream
- Impossible is not something that "no one" has done, it is
something that you have not done.
- Sometimes self-doubt gets in the way. Don't let that
script get in the way.
- Waiting, and doing nothing are the twin siblings of
- Do the work one step at a time, one day at a time.
- Jeff thrives on three things.
- Taking Risks
- Thinking Differently
- Envisioning a future much better than now
- Jeff goes to bed knowing what the first couple of hours of any
day are going to look like.
- Take the day, or evening before, to map out how the day is
going to unfold.
- It is through our rituals that we develop habits.
Michael Eisner - A Work in Progress.
- All of us are a work in progress.
- Be motivated by a vision of the future that is much
- The future is going to be worth it.
- 2008/09 - "I should have a plan B" - Jeff.
- Take the time to self-reflect.
- The bad things can be a catalyst, a nudge, a wake-up call.
- Latch on to your dreams.
- This stuff is hard - push through.
- Get uncomfortable - you will have to be uncomfortable to do
your own impossible.
- "Comparison is the death of joy" - teacher quote
- Jeff's Hack for this - follow, read, listen to the stories of
people who are the most unlikely candidates for doing something
- It all happens with one step - the first step.
- One day at a time.
- This takes time though, it is hard work.
- Ask this question - How can I be the best (insert thing you
want to do) that I can be?
- Know what your expertise is, know where your experience
- Take risks, test, iterate.
- "Teach is to learn twice" - Jeff Noel
- Know your blind spots.
- Do the work for you, and the people that you serve.
- It is a journey, if you look too far ahead, you may neglect the
small victories you can achieve every day.
- Be the best "you" that you can be.
- Identify what feels like you get to do it, not have to do
- Ask this question - What do I get by not changing?
- Start small, stay at it.
- Launch, learn, revise.
- Did it get better, did it stay the same, did it get worse?
Call To Action
- Think Differently and Do the Impossible, and share
your impossible accomplishments with us via Twitter &
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.