Mar 12, 2019
Blindspots - We all Have Them
This week on the Catalyst Sale Podcast, we have a listener
question from Ann in San Diego. Ann asks - What is something
you consistently find within organizations you work with?
One of the most consistent things we see across all of the
organizations we work with, are the blind spots they have
created. Many times these blindspots are a function of focus,
attention, and passion. The challenge with blindspots,
everyone has them, they require help to identify, and they bring
risk if not addressed.
- Can you provide an example?
- How can you avoid/overcome blind spots?
- How can consultants/coaches help with blindspots?
- How can we find out more about Catalyst Sale?
- On a positive side the organizations it is clear, that the
organizations we have worked with are committed to their
- They have identified a need in the market and they are
passionate about addressing the need.
- On the negative side - there are blindspots that many of these
organizations "Can't" see.
- One of the biggest blindspots is missing the perspective of the
- Be aware of the risks of being caught in your own echo
- Lean on others, don't fail alone
- We assume outcomes, and fail to pay attention, many times this
approach creates those blindspots.
- Ask your network for help.
- Do the work, take the perspective of your customer, work
through the use cases.
- If you are in a room, and everyone is saying yes, find someone
who can say "no"
- Everyone has blindspots - you are not unique.
- If you think you do not have blindspots - you may have some
really big blindspots.
- Consider creating SWOT teams within your organizations to help
you identify and overcome blind spots.
- Consultants can come in with an unbiased, beginners mind,
- A coach, a consultant, can draw attention to things that you
may not be paying attention to.
- The coach/consultant is likely not tied to the political
baggage that exists within the organization.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.
a Thinking Process.