Jun 14, 2019
The Account Plan - a Tactical Discussion
This is the third in a series of discussions around
tactics. This week we discuss the tactical side of building
an Account Plan.
The Account Plan is a living, breathing document, it is not
static. It serves multiple purposes.
- It helps the account rep/account executive/account manager
- It can be used as a project management tool.
- It can be used for reflection.
- It can support collaboration.
- It can be used as an Executive Summary.
- Why do we use an Account Plan?
- Where do we start with the Account Plan?
- How can the Account Plan support onboarding a new rep?
- What are the major components that make up the account
- Where do the Call Plan, Account Plan, and Territory Plan fit
into the Catalyst Sale approach?
The Catalyst Sale Account Plan
- Start with Why - Why does it make sense for
the customer and the organization to enter into a business
- Document the Project Plan/Major
- Capture the Story - Who, What, Why, When, How
- Identify the Stakes
- Possible Impact Questions
Call to Action
How do you apply Account Planning in your current role?
Share your feedback and approach with us via twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes,
Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings &
reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for
helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or
contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google
In every business, in every opportunity, there is
someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close
the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process
(Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of
accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false
starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth
environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer
needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process
that enables results versus a process that tells people what to
a Thinking Process.